Fa-Boo-lous Coconut Truffles
Want to get into the Halloween spirit but don't want the extra sugar? Do not FEAR! The Fa-BOO-lous Coconut Truffles are here! These coconut truffles will scare away your sugar cravings so fast that they didn't even see it coming!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
|52g||ZoRaw 60% Dark Chocolate Protein bar|
|2/3 cup||Raw pecans & almonds (or any nut mix of choice), finely chopped|
|2.5 cups||Unsweetened shredded coconut (2 cups will be used to make coconut butter or buy from store)|
|2 Tbsp||Organic Peanut Butter|
|1/2 Tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|Pack||Mini Skewer sticks (or any food friendly sticks)|
Coconut Butter Directions:
Place 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor until creamy and smooth (or purchase from store)
- Melt the chocolate bar using a double water boiler (or on very low heat)
- Mix in the chopped nut mix, 4 tablespoons of melted coconut butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt, until all ingredients are well combined
- Use a tablespoon to scoop truffle mixture onto parchment paper.
- Using your hands, shape each truffle into 1-inch balls.
- Insert sticks into the centre of all the truffles and freeze for 30 minutes
- Remove truffles and dip one at a time into melted coconut butter (created above). Immediately roll the truffle in shredded coconut.
- Dip chilled truffles, one at the time, in melted coconut butter, then roll in shredded coconut. Set truffles back on the parchment paper.
- Use broken chocolate pieces to create a face (funny or scary!)
- Keep refrigerated.
Serving Size 1 Truffle
Calories 110 cal
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrates 5 g|
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Protein 6 g